PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 30 July 2021

Cinebook: Trent 6 -THE SUNLESS COUNTRY




Authors: Leo & Rodolphe
Age: 12 years and up
Size: 21.7 x 28.7 cm
Number of pages: 48 colour pages
Publication: February 2021

£7.99 including VAT

https://www.cinebook.co.uk/trent-6-the-sunless-country-p-4437.html

ISBN: 9781849183963

Beyond the Arctic Circle, in the freezing cold and never-ending night, the Mounties do their duty and try to resist the creeping assaults of madness and depression. One evening,Trent, alone at his remote outpost, hears a call for help. He finds a couple of Natives, dead of exposure, along with ... a very much alive baby! Reluctantly turned into a polar nurse, the sergeant must leave his shelter – unequipped to cater to its new occupant – to find her a new family...

Trent is a series I love. It got me hooked from the first volume and since then it has generated twists, surprise, semi horror and a look into the life of the lonesome Mountie. In fact, I have a problem: every time a new volume arrives I do not want to read it in case I find it disappointing and it ruins what I have already read.

Seriously.

Anyway, I sat down and read...nice atmospheric start...okay a bit of mystery and...I'm hooked! Everything seemed to be so straight forward and just needed Trent to do his job and that would be it. But if that happened I would be disappointed. We thought that was a fact. It wasn't.  And you know that little nugget of truth? It wasn't. By the time I reached the last page I wnted more.

If any series was looked at to be developed into a TV series or movie I would be shocked if Trent was bypassed. It keeps on delivering great reading and entertainment and I am now nervous about the next volume!

No comments:

Post a Comment