PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 4 July 2021

I Blew My Chance To Have A Comic Book Mega Star (he said) Draw For Me!

I wanted to share a funny story with you.  A while back I posted about having Japanese and Chinese characters and being asked why I do not use them more.  Anyway, about a week ago someone contacted me and said he would draw a comic if I wrote it.

Here isthe catch. As he was such arising talent (he told me so but when I looked online all I could find was a very egotistical Face Book page and some very amateurish drawings) and was aiming to make a big deal with Image Comics at some point in the future he would draw the comic and all art would be (c) him. No problem. He also wanted creative control of the characters to alter as he saw fit and £300 per page of b&w artwork and a 60-40 (in his favour) split of any future royalty deal and (it went on a bit).

He offered to give me 24 hours to consider the deal and told me it was an opportunity I should not miss out on.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

No.

Although characters I created and stories are copyrighted to me the artwork belongs to the artist and if they can sell it to make money I have no problem with that so long as the rear of the art states "Characters (c)2021 T. Hooper-Scharf" so that no one thinks they can filch those.

I was asked why I was laughing when I read the message. I told the artist to go ahead and make his big deal as I would never want to hold him back.



3 comments:

  1. I like the cat face. it's so true! New stuff to follow soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like that cat face ! It keeps me going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, cats -IF they want to acknowledge your presence- are priceless for expressions or just turning with a look of disgust and walking off.

    ReplyDelete