PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Don't Want To Get Ripped Off? Buy FROM The Publisher NOT Amazon or Ebay!!

Thanks to Manny78 who sent this on to me.  He found this on Amazon:

Nuits torrides by Terry Hooper and Art Wetherell (4 Jan 2008)


Sizzlin' Sisters by Art Wetherell and Terry Hooper (Apr 2001)


Centaur Heroes Volume 1 and Volume 2 -The Ultimate Centaur Collection by Terry Hooper-Scharf (2010)

I should point out that the 148 pages Centaur Collection (which is vol. 1 & 2 combined) will only set you back £10.00 on lulu.com -even p&h will not set you back £19.95.   Mark Tyme will also only cost you £8.00 (price goes up end of November to £10.00).

I also ought to point out Two Hot Girls will not set you back £27.00 or, as I've found on ebay £200!!!!!!!!!!  I need to sell off my extra copies! 

2 comments:

  1. Which suggests you should put odd copies up for sale though e-bay at inflated prices..... honesty is a terrible thing. On a side note; after watching the appalling and degrading ( I'm not exaggerating ) Clooney Batman, I decided to look at Joel Schumacher's resume - I remembered his name from some movies, I was sure - but I couldn't bring them to mind. So; to put the record straight for myself - George Clooney has appeared in some great movies ( 'Oh Brother' and 'Intolerable Cruelty' somewhere at the top of the list ) and Schumacher has written and directed some of my favourite movies, too. He wrote the screenplay for the wonderful 1976 'Car Wash', he directed 'Flatliners' ( very good up until the weak ending ) 'Tigerland' and 'Phone Booth' - Colin Farrell's best movies - and the flawed, but well worth watching, 'Falling Down' starring Micheal Douglas in 1993. So maybe 'Bat nipples' won't be on his tomb stone afterall....

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a problem with selling via Ebay. First you have to price to cover their cut which seems to vary. Then you have to securely package and post off the item. So you have to take all that into account. Then, a problem which seems quite common in toys, comics and collectibles: I know a few people who have been ripped off by buyers saying the item has not turned up. The item is damaged (lots of sellers now photo the item being sent while packaging it) and when asked to return the item for a refund the items turn up damaged in way that could NOT happen even in out postal service. Why? Because the 'buyer' expected to be told "sorry -we'll refund" and not have to go to the trouble of sending things back -undamaged items. Its a very long story but so many twisters out there. I think I'll see what happens in November.
    Falling Down is one of my favourite Michael Douglas films after The Game. See, if he's added the nipples now, in an industry where they are sexing everything up....he'd a bin an 'ero!

    ReplyDelete