PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 19 May 2019

Is Google About to Pull Bloggers Plug?

Back in 2010 I opened a Blogger account. WordPress had been causing no end of problems and after Freeservers/4T and Yahoo 360 amongst others vanished I decided (in 2011) to go all out with Blogger.

There was Google+ which I built up a presence on and reached 3 million views before they 'upgraded' and those views were no longer show, I built up a million views then...Google pulled the plug on Google+

There have been problems with Blogger since -guess?- Google took over. Not allowing views from systems it was not associated or invested in. During January 2018 they screwed up stats and much more.  But Blogger was safe.

I thought.

A nasty rumour began circulating amongst Blogger users and certain things began to happen that raised concerns. I got this offline just a few minutes ago;

"Google hasn’t put as much effort into maintaining Blogger as they have into building new services, so it’s possible Blogger could end at some point. Historically Google provided processes to port content to other platforms, so chances are good that if Google ends Blogger, you could migrate to WordPress or another reliable platform. "

Go back to Wordpress.  oy. At the moment I, and many other sensible people using Blogger are looking at alternatives. We went through the "migrating from google+" which lost a lot of us data that..."went missing in the system".

I am contemplating whether I really want to go through setting up another blog -the reaction to posts here are zero and as no support has ever been shown by those who have viewed CBO millions of times since 2011 my end date for CBO may be sooner than planned.

Don't panic -after 9 years here I don't expect everyone to show support. I ain;t that dumb.

We'll see what happens.

1 comment: