PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 2 August 2019

Apparently I am very rich

For about the fourth time this year I have had "words" with someone about Black Tower comics and Books.

I had been looking for something specific for a friend when I saw "Black Tower Comics" was mentioned in some discussion. Normally I ignore those but I was really bored at it was after Midnight!

Someone using another stupid internet pseudonym wrote this:

"It has tb a con to get sympathy. Get people buying his books cuz if you look at the selection on his storefront theres nothing else like it available. He must be selling big time"

I take it "tb" means "to be"?  Anyway, I responded telling him that I was the only 100 per cent open comics around and each month I posted info (that I cannot tamper with) on sales or lack of sales from the print on demand company.  I also pointed out that I used my real name and that I would be interested in chatting some more to alleviate his 'concerns' once I knew his real name.

Nothing.

There are people on other comic forums that have written "What a quaint little company I shall certainly be supporting it by buying some books".  I can confirm beyond any question that 6 months prior to that statement and after it the said person never bought a single book.  In fact, there are quite a few people who have posted about having purchased Black Tower comics and books and have not. I can tell you EVERY sale I have made through the online store and who the orders went to.

I call these "Mouths" -people who want to be seen as supporting Independent publishers but who only say they do rather than dipping into their bank accounts for real. Whether they think this gets them kudos I have no idea but next time someone writes that they buy and support Black Tower Comics and Books ask to see proof -each order is sent out with a dated invoice.

Look at that....raking in the money!  :-)

Too many Mouths and not enough real comic fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment