PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 4 August 2019

Grant Morrison and Warren Ellis are in a pub and in walks Alan Moore...

"Alan Moore says this about Neil Gaiman"

"Alan Moore says this about Warren Ellis"

Alan Moore says this about Grant Morrison"

"Grant Morrison says this about Alan Moore"

"Warren Ellis says this about Alan Moore"

After 30 years or so of this crap who cares?  I can tell you about MY meetings with Warren Ellis (two in fact) and on the second occasion I had to be held back from punching him out at a Westminster Comic Mart in the 1980s. Who cares?

I met Alan Moore twice...well...his "acolytes" swarmed around the 'messiah' and that was enough to end the conversation.  Who cares?

They all talk the most inordinate amount of shit in public that you sit back and actually say out loud "Did he REALLY just say THAT?!"

Do not care.

I just watched a video in which an Ellis acolyte worshipped and defended everything that Ellis had ever said and especially about "that man Moore".

I then saw the same thing but from an acolyte of Morrison. Almost the same script.

I then saw a Moore acolyte do the same thing...against everyone.

I also watched a news video about Alan Moore that quite honestly blew so much smoke up Moore's ass that I think the person involved has a big man crush. 

Oh, did you know Alan Moore had announced his retirement from comics....again. It's marked on all my calendars when he has done this in the past (I'm fibbing. I don't care). I would certainly not object to talking to Moore and having a full conversation because I doubt he would be worse than Ellis or Morrison!





Here is something to remember: all three men write comic book strips and all three 'borrow' from others.

Oh yeah. I went there. I wrote it. They write comic books.

Alan Moore has written good comic books

Warren Ellis has written good comic books

Grant Morrison has written good comic books.

How do I know?  Well, I have some of their books on the shelves in front of me -DON'T PANIC: I use thick and heavy hardbacks to separate the books!

It's all ego.and attention seeking and if any one of the trio told their acolytes: "It's a lie. Tuesday does NOT follow Monday -Thursday does!" they would believe it and kill anyone who disagrees.

Just sitting and talking to regular fans and enjoying the fact that their work is appreciated by so many should be enough. The poor souls who built the comic industry, in the UK in particular, never got to meet admirers and most were unknown to comic readers even into the internet age (why I set up Britcomics). And this trio get better paid than the people whose shoulders they stand on.

This will go on forever because the little minds of comic readers (and it is odd that the most fervent, threatening acolytes are American). 

Alan Moore writes comics (or did or whatever)
Grant Morrison writes comics
Warren Ellis writes comics

oh, and to that trio I'd like to add that rape is not entertainment.

Who comes out of this all rose-smelling? Remember I wrote: "Alan Moore says this about Neil Gaiman" -I believe the other two have also.  Gaiman lets his work speak for him and does not (that I have personally seen) enter into any of this crap.

You write comics then you write comics and, hopefully, you get paid for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment