PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 19 August 2019

The Green Skies -art complete and final page count!

The final (providing I don't find another bridging page is needed) page count is in on The Green Skies.

Yes, I finished the last few pages and there are already 83 scanned (unlettered) pages.

As this is the final epic storyline from Black Tower and considering it began in 1987, I went all out.

438 pages

Yup. Considering the final part of the Invasion Earth Trilogy should have been out in June 2014 I feel proud to have outdone Glenn Fabry and even Brian Bolland on late delivery of a book!

There are 6 pages I just dumped because they were not up to much in my opinion.

The idea of splitting the project up into standard 20pp parts with back-up strips I ruled out as that would be 20 issues and 25 pp per issue would be 17 issues and I can't see people buying that many especially since they don't seem interested in buying single volumes!

440 pages will cost me £10.40 per copy and then I have to account for the POD company cut and so on but I want to keep the price low.

It IS black and white and that is because it would take a year to colour and the final basic cost for a 440 pp full colour book would be...

£63.10....any takers! LOL!!

83 pages already scanned so I have to dust off the old Mustek As Scan Pro and hope it manages. Even if it does there is the problem of WHEN the book would be on sale.

My old PC blew after almost 19 years service and that had my Microsoft office Publisher that I used for letter and sizing pages -the state of my hands means it is impossible for me to hand letter and I suspect that the macular myopathy might object, too!

The laptop is hardly functioning and no sales or money coming in means a PC is....a little fantasy at the moment (and buying Microsoft Office Publisher is WAY too expensive and...meh).

But the artwork will be scanned, cleaned as best as I can on the laptop and then sit there with 8 issues of Black Tower Super Heroes.

So the art is complete.

I'll be glad to see that out of the way after all these years and hope my eyesight lasts long enough for me to see a printed copy!

There. Up-dated as promised.


No comments:

Post a Comment