PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 29 July 2013

Accent UK: Western Noir 2 -Crocodile Tears of the Louisianna Swampmen


WesterNoir2_cover

Accent UK
Dave West (w)
Gary Crutchley (A)
US size
B&W & Grey tone
35pp
£3.50/ $5.00 US/ 5.00 Eur
www.accentukcomics.com

My apologies for the small cover but my scanner has had a breakdown and the above is the only image I can find online -from the Accent UK site. If I can get a replacement image I’ll replace  it.
Now, I got two Western Noirs this week -volume 2 and volume 3. I thought that was quick publishing but I notice vol. 2 has a 2012 date. So, you probably know all about this book if you were a fan of the first. I could rave about VERY bad PR but I’m just too…well, I don’t care.
Thing is, if you have a good book like this you need to publicise it.  There has been a need for a good UK Western comic and this isn’t just that. I’d call it “Lee Van Cleef Does X-Files” -well, Josiah Black, the lead character, does remind me of the great man so that’s how I envisage this.
Sadly, Black’s latest mission for the mysterious Mr. Caligary does NOT involve wiping out any of those…’persons’ featuring on TV such as Swamp Rats or Gator Brothers. I say “sadly” because the only thing on their shows deserving of being wiped out are the people. Darn, getting too liberal.
There are a few nice twists here and Black is in the mold of the old Spaghetti Western anti heroes: single minded, cold and…a killer with a mission.
I like the crinkle look covers that make these look like old pulps and I really do think Accent UK need to seriously promote this series.
And to prove how good the book is, check out Paul H. Birch’s Speech Balloons blogs for his review:http://blogs.birminghammail.co.uk/speechballoon/2012/12/westernoir-book-two.html
Wanna see some art pages?
WesterNoir2_preview_01

WesterNoir2_preview_02

WesterNoir2_preview_03

WesterNoir2_preview_04

No comments:

Post a Comment