PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Thursday 16 July 2015

An apology

 I have to be brief.  Firstly, why I have not been posting.


with what seems severe eye strain -text on my screen is about half an inch high.


Saturday I was doing a lot of work on the computer after having a week of heavy reading for reviews.  My eye sight was getting a bit blurry and I was straining.  About 2100 hrs I got a severe pain in the left eye and temple that made me say "OW!" out loud.  So, I wasn't heeding my own warnings and paid the price

Apologies for any typos.

If you left a comment I will respond WHEN I can.  Sorry.  Been blind once and don't want that again.

Any how, I hope you all checked out Comic Con the movie which really cheered me up but gave a lot of insight from all factions -=fans and pros alike.

I've been shocked to a degree that, yes, those freebies from SDCC now take up pages on Ebay with criminal prices being asked for items that were free. I have also been shocked at how many video blogs by comic fans who complain continuously about "rip-off dealers" are now describing how THEY have ripped off small dealers.

I am not really sure that I want to be a part of that kind of fandom...it is not fandom.

So quitting before the eyes go.  Post when I can and, Subzero -posting a package to you tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Bugger me, man. Take it easy. Take care of your health; that is obviously the top priority. Fandom ? Don't worry about 'fandom'. It is a wide and diverse realm... with lots of idiots and criminals in it... but more, many more simple folks who just like comics. These are the people - the truely silent majority - who just do everything for the love of it, pure and simple. Rest your eyes, rest your head... and look forward to some Blue Saviour stuff ( ...in about 2/3 weeks, I think. )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered if something was going on and had got concerned. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep look after your eyesight and health above all else - all the best hope you're better soon - take care

    ReplyDelete