PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 9 April 2016

Odd And Weird Comics?


Hmm. Someone on Face Book suggested asking people to send in odd or weird comics or similar from the Small Press to write about on CBO and maybe make into a You Tube video.

Now, I am not opposed to the idea but as I pointed out, I've run CBO now for 16 years from Yahoo 360, Freeservers, WordPress and now blogger. I'm not going to go into how many visitors or views CBO gets because the stat at the top of the page says it all.

In all of that 16 years history how many times have any appeals, even the absolute minor ones, ever resulted in people getting in touch?

ZERO



But, I'm told what I'm doing is just dismissing the idea out of hand without trying. Right or wrong?

So, to prove a point: old, new or whatever, if you want to send in (these are non-returnable because I am not getting caught out that way!) a comic -Small Press or whatever-  that you think is odd or weird then I'll read it and write a post about it and if there is enough reaction maybe a video blog?

I think I'm safe because if I start getting responses to appeals after 16 years.....I've been set up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment