PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 16 June 2018

The Green Skies Page Count....so far


Okay, hospital and other things out of the way, I removed some pages from The Green Skies that I thought would fit better into the final issue of Black Tower Super Heroes (BTSH).

I counted all the pages and, so far, they total 424 -there are a few "bridging pages" needed and then whatever my brain decides will be the final pages. I want to keep the page count to -and this may just be wishful thinking- around 450.  However, as this is the last big book I'll be doing I want to tidy things up as well as add a few things.

If I made this into a series in parts in BTSH then I would need to publish in parts of 20+ pages with other strips to fill out the standard 48pp book.  That would take up 22 issues at least. But even 40+ pages of the story in each issue will involve a 10 issue run.  Now a 48pp book with all the work involved, plus the printers and POD company cut would cost at the least £8.00 (just over $10 US/9 Euro) a copy. For 22 issues that is £176.00 ($233 US/201 Euro).  As as for 10 issues at £8.00 that would total £64.00 ($84/73 Euro).

A 450 pp, black & white, perfect bound paperback on the other hand will cost around £20.00 ($26/22 Euro).  That is £44.00 and £156.00 difference. It would not make me a big profit but it is a lot to ask a comic buyer to spend, in my mind, for a story and the big companies might operate like that but I just cannot.

I would sooner give someone a decently priced book that contains the whole story.  No cross-overs, no "You MUST read this title as well" just a plain straight read.

Which means that my quandary, as outlined previously, is now gone.  It may not sell but a single volume it is.  Now I just have to get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment