PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 28 October 2018

Cinebook the 9th Art: ALONE 9 - BEFORE THE MIDNIGHT CHILD



Authors: Fabien Vehlmann; illustrated by Bruno Gazzotti
Age: 10 years and up
Paperback
Size: 21.7 x 28.7 cm
Number of pages: 48 colour pages
Publication: August 2018
ISBN: 9781849184106
OUT OF STOCK
£6.99 inc. VAT
This product is currently not available.

In the arenas, the Campton kids have won their ‘citizenship’ of the In-Between-World’s strange society. Now free to come and go as they please, they’ve left town for the mountains, following Dodzi without really knowing why.

When the young boy explains to them that he is in fact trying to discover whether he is the herald of Evil – the Midnight Child – a violent dispute ensues. Meanwhile, hidden nearby, the soldiers of the First Families await an opportunity to attack...

I reviewed no. 8 –The Arena back in April and to be honest I opened this new album up and sat back to enjoy.  I then had difficulty remembering what had gone on before as this is seven months later and I read a lot.  In fact, I think that I may be missing an album as certain references drew a blank from me.  Cinebook does seem to be getting long delays in books appearing –this album is designated August 2018 and I have waited but it is still on the site as This product is currently not available.

A pity because I do love this series and the characters in it  interact well. I initially stated that I wondered whether this would work.  Violence, scary scenes, killings and all the other things do work and not an adult in sight.  I will warn you to prepare for a shock at the end of this one.


I would hate to see Alone as a movie or TV series because it works so well in comic book format.  A winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment