PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 19 June 2022

D-Gruppe: Death Comes From The Hand Of A Friend

 


On seeing this post over on Comic Bits online Mr Dilworth remarked: "What?"

Ahh, bless him he has a short memory. You see I had everything plotted in my mind and a few notes and discussed them in correspondence with Mr Dilworth as well as Andrew (Fantomex) Hope. Back in 1986!

The original ending I had in mind I had thought about when I created the yteam in the 1960s in Dalborn, Germany.  However, I did not have the skills or knowledge back then to work out how I was going to work it all out.

Later, when I was discussing this with Messrs Dilworth and Hope I had worked it out.  Unfortunately things got in the way as Bastei were bought up by Egmont and the project was cancelled. Task Force Germany was to have appeared and then things developed. 

As it is Task Force Germany did appear over the years and last time it was in The Green Skies. Between that and the earlier The Trial story (Black Tower Super Heroes nos. 3-7) leader of D-Gruppe, Kopfmann and several other members vanished while pursuing a UFO in Return of the God: Twilight of the Super Heroes. That in itself was to have led to D-Gruppe -Lost In Space which I was touting around on the old blog back in...2000 (so I am a little behind in things).

It's all going to be very dramatic and.....will it actually happen though? I have other projects to finish and so I have no fixed date and it just may be that D-Gruppe in space and Days of Darkness combine.  Who knows? Not me!


No comments:

Post a Comment