PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 19 June 2015

Titan Books: Cat With the Really Big Head


Cat With the Really Big Head
Creator Roman Dirge
Genres -comedy horror
Full Colour
96pp
Hard Cover
ISBN  9781782762874
$18.99 US   $21.95 Can   £13.99 UK
Age: 12 years +

The gothic Michelangelo of the macabre and creator of LENORE: THE CUTE LITTLE DEAD GIRL, Roman Dirge is back with a collection of two of his strangest and weirdest tales that take us from the biggest headed cat in the whole universe into the centre of a man’s body!

Cat With The Really Big Head. The lead story is the tragic tale of a cat called Cat and his stupidly enormous over-sized head as he struggles with day-to-day problems like coping with hairballs, trying to eat Chunky Beef Chunk With Beef catfood or dealing with the neighbourhood mouse, Mr. Stinky and his army of annoying mice. Life hasn’t dealt Cat a good hand, but still there’s always the prospect of reincarnation and a better life, isn’t there..?

Monsters in my Tummy: Ever wonder what madness happens inside you during times of severity and heartbreak? Feels like a war is being waged in your stomach? Anyone who’s ever been crushed by a loved one will instantly be able to relate to this inner saga.

Okay, I have to make it clear that this is not a comic book.  It is an illustrated story book.  The PR reads: "cult classic comic books The Cat With A  Really Big Head and The Monsters In My Tummy brought together" so I am guessing the books origins were in comics but NOT comic strip format.

Dirge created Lenore and, as I wrote about that book, there is nothing wrong with the art -colouring or whatever.  But it just leaves me cold.  I have no idea why but it does.  But, as I also wrote in my review of the Lenore, I do know that there are many fans of Dirge and his creations and that is what really matters -sales and money earned.

I just wish I could get enthusiastic about it.  I'm quite sure no one is going to pay attention to what I write!


No comments:

Post a Comment