PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 12 June 2015

You Knew It Had To Happen -The Angry Comic Buyer Returns (part 5)!

Now, when I buy a book or comics from Ebay the message "could you please ensure they are strongly protected for posting" ought to be clear.

So, I get an item -an Annual- in a plastic grey, posting envelope.  No backing board but DOUBLE bubble wrap and so securely taped that it took me over 5 minutes to get at the book.  The bubble wrap was so thick that only deliberate damage could have caused a problem.

Sharon at vintagetoybox.co.uk -THANK YOU!


But then....I see this package. Flimsy 1977 UK Tarzan Weekly comics -absolutely no protection what-so-ever: no backing boards...just a very thin brown envelope torn up with damage to books inside.  £3.20 charged for postage which is enough to cover good packaging.  The seller (I'll name if I'm not satisfied with the response) only spent £1.51 on postage.

Here you go...

 Yes, that is sellotape....because the envelope flap was not sealing properly!


Ebay DOES have guidelines to people selling comics and I've given the link so many times -just search Ebay.

And what really ****** me off was that I managed to get a seller to reduce a Hurrican Annual down from what was a very high price to £6.00 -breaking all my rules on price I'll pay but I wanted this one for a reason.   So, did the seller protect the 50+ years old annual?

You know the answer.  It seems sellers use the postal charges to make extra money on items.  Money charged for postage should go on adequately protecting the item you HAVE made money on.




And unless the seller was lying in the description, this book got a LOT of spine damage as it was on the side of the split open envelope covered in the cheapest of brown tape.

Let's see how these sellers respond.  Name and shame otherwise since Ebay apparently does not give a crap and thinks this type of behaviour is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment