PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 5 June 2015

I Got Me Some German Zacks....From Eire!

While I was sitting, talking to Mr. Northall yesterday, the postman handed me a package.  It was a paperback edition of Marvel Comics The Twelve volume 2.  It was in the flimsiest of paper envelopes. Dented and bent all around because the morons, trading under the name  AerialElf on Amazon (ON Amazon and their traders are getting just as bad as Ebay).

Well, would not acknowledge my complaint so negative feedback left.

Today, volume 1 (hardback) of The Twelve arrived in a grey, plastic envelope.  Bashed to all shittery because, again, the morons decided that once they take your money who gives a crap how the book arrives -in this case with a deep groove through the top of the envelope tearing some pages. This seller using the name betterworldbooksltd...I am finding it hard to restrain from being very rude.  Look at the photo:


orangecloudcottage is based in Eire and as a one off comic lot sold me 10 copies of the German 1970s comic Zack!  Okay, these were CHEAP but the postage still did not cost what I'd expect to pay for two of these books from a German dealer.

Box marked fragile.  Look how ten comics were packed!

 Yes, you are seeing right:TWO cardboard boxes and then corrugated card and books in bubblewrap!

 AND the comics were even wrapped in sturdy paper.



THIS is how comics should be sent, especially if the buyer has paid for the postage.  A great trader but these comics seem a one off.

I have to go to Eire to buy German comics......?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Terry - New reader to your blog here and just spent a couple of hours reading your 2015 entries.

    The issue of P&P is losing confidence amongst buyers. Sellers should know by now that all postal and courier firms play football with their parcels - or at least assume they will. My first ebay sales got bad feedback on wrapping so I learnt from it. I got proper card backed mailing envelopes and put backing cards front and back so that the comic could withstand the oncoming onslaught. I then offered free P&P and upgraded that to Special Delivery for sales over £45. The result is that my auctions sell at good prices every single time with P&P getting feedback of 4.9/5.0 and a lot of returning customers. I'm not even a trader but selling my lifetime collection while prices are high. When will people learn that with good service comes good reputation and then good sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Christopher. I've used Royal Mail for packages since....1975. I know charges can be high but if a seller says P&p £4.50 and an item turns up bashed about in a flimsy envelope and postage was £2.00 then, yes, buyers hit the roof. I've seen "un-boxings"/package opening on You Tube where goods are damaged yet the buyer specifically told the seller he would pay extra for sturdy packaging. Ebay, and more and more Amazon traders now, seem to look at comics as a thieves/con-mans charter. Its a comic. Its damaged. Well, be a bit "economical" with the truth. I now ask all sellers to confirm the condition of an item "Any pen or felt tip colouring, scribbling, any tears". Apparently, the UK sellers have the worse reputation! And, like yourself, a lot of people are getting rid of their collections now -a bleak warning about the market!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry, I was prompted by a buyer to add more photos as they're worth a thousand words (!) I include anything with staples, back cover as well. So like the P&P I hope to give my customers reassurance so that they bid high - and they do. If only others could learn this lesson but I guess traders don't have the time - though if it was my livelihood then I'd make the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Christopher. Yes, the more photos thing is something a LOT of buyers are asking for now and it does make sense I've seen great front and back covers and first pages then found the book had water damage in the centre pages! Makes sense to do everything to get those buyers!

    ReplyDelete