PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 24 August 2014

We Do. Some Of Us Still DO!



Video blogger showing Jack Kirby comics: "No one does this any more. No more pencil on paper. Take that computer crap and shove it!"

Well, a good few of us DO still use pencil, paper and pen/brush.

A wide sweeping comment showing no real idea of what is going on outside of DC and Marvel.

3 comments:

  1. ...but I do understand what he means. It's very rare to find a 'real' artist anymore. Thanks for putting up the Purple Hood strip there - looks nice...though I do have to say that the black and white version of it does - I think - look better. But that's just me ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised a couple years back when I showed some colour inked/water colour comic book covers/art I did. The absolute shock that I used pencils then inked art and that I also hand coloured. The only thing most could say was that "it looks great. Very old school!" I hated that phrase. Now, meh, I want it on a t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old school. Is there really any other ?

    ReplyDelete