PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Oh Dear, Some People Are Just Dumb-Asses

I posted that all free event publicity was over.  I even forwarded the link as well as the item to event organisers.  They are still trying to get free publicity -they deny me a table (that I'm willing to pay for) or a free press pass but they want me to do free work for them.  No.  Just no.

Then we have the 'friends' still trying to cadge free publicity and free feedback on their new books.  These are the 'friends' who NEVER read CBO or Face Book because "I'm too busy. I have 160/200 friends and I don't check all of them" -great friends to have.

I point out again that I have asked these people as friends and people who I have helped a lot in their early careers and later without ever asking for anything in return.  But when I ask for just a mention or a link on their blogs/pages every excuse going comes forth.

No. "Friends" help each other out.

You want to name call at events where you think no one knows me or tells me what goes on then just carry on. I've spent over three decades helping other people now I'd like some return.

http://hoopercomicart.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/no-event-is-exempted.html

2 comments:

  1. Still sick as a dog. Kill me please.
    Got your X-10 notes - thanks. Nice package. Some nice nostalgia. I'll reply in a bit.
    Nice to see a review of a zine.... chicken lust ? Well...
    Good luck on Saturday. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is only ONE THING that is important -taking care of yourself. Do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete