PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Thursday 17 February 2022

Another Afternoon Wasted -gun to the head re-pricing!



I have spent the past 2-3 hours re-pricing most of the books on the online store. Yes, I know I said "**** it" but I received this out of the blue:

 

Dear Lulu User,

 

For the last twenty years, we have done our best to make sure every Lulu order you receive is perfect. To that end, we use the best quality FSC certified materials and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes, alongside award-winning customer service… and that will never change.

Unfortunately, one thing has changed: the increased costs in our supply chain.

On March 15th, 2022, Lulu will be implementing an annual price update. At that time, print costs for most projects will be adjusted. This update reflects the global changes in materials and manufacturing costs.

Projects That Require Attention

One or more projects in your Lulu account will earn $0 revenue after this price update. We strongly recommend that you use the Pricing Tool to update your list price.

 
 

If you do not update your price prior to March 15th, 2022, we will automatically adjust your list price to ensure you continue to earn revenue from your sales.

 

Looking at the price increases THEY were going to make even I would baulk at buying. Anyway I updated all the prices but this still keeps any "profit" low -brought home to me after three books totalling over £25 'earned' me £5.65

I cant get out of the mindset of being a comic fan!  But I have to consider the other creators I work with. They put the time into the illustrations, the comic strips as well as the text and comic scripts. That is hours and days of their time and so I increased prices on some of those and decided against putting the price so high that no one in the US (whch hits me for taxes all the time on sales) would buy.

Lulu likes to think it is the publisher which iot is not. They hold the pdf files for the printers and both of them want more money. The actual real publisher -people like me- get no support as there is no money in it for them. 

Another afternoon wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment