PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Wednesday 27 April 2022

In A World Of Chaos The Bearded Publisher Is The Fool!

 Someone on one of my Face Book groups asked what had happened to the seven books I put together at the end of last year.

Well, it was eight books.

I am taking my time with them. If I wanted to I could have them out and published by this coming Saturday. However, there are not crowds of comic fans smashing my door in shouting "I'm buying! I want to buy!" and there are around 200 books at the online store anyway. I still find it hilarious the Black Tower was called "one of the most promising comic companies to watch!" when it has been going since 1984!!

Anyway, I have had to pull together 45 years research on foxes and other canids extinct and introduced to the UK for Red Paper 2022 which will be a massive expansion of the 2010 edition and that all takes a lot of time -often 8-10 hours work a day on top of looking at fox deaths.

So I decided to do what I did last year and leave publishing the new stuff until around June. I also have to take time before that to over-price books so that no one in the United States buys them (sorry but US taxes and the exchange rate means the books bring in no money). The fact that The Green Skies is being bought by more people in the U.S. is not making me rich!

It is not easy in publishing -and not just comics and comic albums/graphic novels but "big boy" books on UFOs, cryptozoology, ghosts and so on.

Also,books that stories have been building up to are SO delayed as I cannot do the artwork on all of them and as I cant pay artists -delay is not going to get shorter!

So, I am still planning on publishing more but just taking my time and, no I am not sending out free review books to the people requested them as I checked the blogs and it seems they are "get free books" cons (always check how often a "review blog" is posting and if not for a year... ).

Stay Chuckling

Sir Terrance Alexander Eustace Hardibrand Hooper-Scharf



No comments:

Post a Comment