PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 26 April 2022

Just A Few Thoughts -Comic Fans

 I tend not to look at stats because when the "I need to get 1000 views a day" starts -you've lost the fun. The blog makes no money and gets no support from the millions around the world (never thought that my musings would reach a world wide audience). I've seen live streams on You Tube when the YTer actually says "If I do not get a thousand likes on this stream **** it I'm stopping!" -the almost infantile foot stamping is very sad.

No one has the right to demand that 1000 people click like or that's it. There used to be a Like button on Blogger years ago but it vanished so all I have to go by are the daily stats. It's odd that Yahoo 360 blog and others used to get reader comments if only to say "I enjoyed that" but Google+ where I accrued 4 million views within two years also had no Like button and comments were rare (still more than on CBO though!).

Is it because people are in fear of being name called or otherwise abused if they respond to blog posts these days? CBO has always had a zero (and I mean absolute zero) tolerance of that and is the safest comic blog you can comment on. Why are comic fans interested in reading posts but not commenting -if they are fans then they should be allowed to enjoy chatting about their love of the medium.

The Justic League of America Megapost has had a couple thousand views but about 4 comments. The same with the Avengers Mega Post. Why?

I know that after all these years I am preaching to no one but fans are fans and I think it a shameful situation that they feel they can no longer enjoy chatting to others about comics.

Just a thought.





No comments:

Post a Comment