PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 18 April 2015

Investing In Small Press Is Paying Off....for ME!

Sadly, I see some of Brian "Bib" Edwards collection is for sale on Ebay.  These would have been great additions to an archive.  But....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-alternative-small-press-comics-Misanthrope-Crazypants-Collection-B-Edwards-/371302855052?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item56735ff18c

I have a large collection which I hope will one day be deposited at the Bristol Central Library.  In fact, a stipulation will be that NONE are sold for any reason.  All sorts of printing, stapling and qualities means it is a very mixed bag and now valued at (get ready) £1000-1500.

Luckily, I have a lot of doubles and trebles because I invested money in them at the time.  I may sell these mail order at the end of 2015 but there is quite a selection of poetry, prose, gaming, strip and other zines.  You won't find 98% of them on any Ebay listing but the ones you will find are labelled "scarce"/"Classic UK Zine" (??)/"Rare" and they go for £4.50-£7.00. 

As I know that every comic and book I have is going to be sold off when I croak and what does not sell will be burnt (including artwork but it will be out of my hands!) I might as well make money from the duplicates -50p and £1.50 comics are already making four times their original value which is exactly what I was writing about in my comic investment post.

An example of my own books -people can still buy them cheaper but copies of The Mark Tyme and Purple Hood Collection are currently going for £14.99 on Amazon (I am NOT the seller these are what someone purchased for £8.50 a copy in 2011) not a bad investment.  Very annoyed people buy these second hand copies for more than it costs to buy a new copy.

Investment, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment