PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 19 April 2015

Time To Sell Myself....In The Nicest Possible Way!

 Okay, folks, it is that time of the year when I need to promo myself so if you start dozing off remember: Avengers 2 -The Age Of Ultron is released this week!


Black Tower Comics & Books is THE UKs LARGEST INDEPENDENT COMICS PUBLISHER (possibly largest European Independents publisher, too!).  It is run by myself as Publishing Editor.

Between 1984-1994 I worked freelance as a writer/artist/editor/agent in comics as well as comics journalism for MU Press,Blue Comet Press, Fantagraphic Books, Eros Comics, Dorne, Fleetway, IPC and others in the United States, UK and Europe.  During this period I also produced large numbers of single panel gag cartoons for agencies in Germany such as Boiselle-Lohmann and Baaske Agency –these going to magazines and publications around Europe.

I have also worked as a freelance editor in comics and publications ranging from wildlife, astronomy and science fiction magazines.

From 1984 to present I've been self publishing comics as well as publications on a wide variety of subjects under the Black Tower banner.

During this time I have also produced packages of work for companies in India, Hong Kong and China. I have also been working as an industry advisor for smaller companies in countries such as India, Canada, Singapore, China, Europe and the US.

I can be contacted for a much more indepth Cv  at hoopercomicsuk@yahoo.com

To see the number of books and variety of genres -including prose- you can check out the Black Tower Online store:

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/hoopercomicsuk

I do not  work for free or "on spec" and having worked in comics since the 1970s I know all the cons so do not even try them.

I work by payment and deadline.  An A4 design for an event (that will be reduced to A5 as in the example below) will normally cost £25.00 (black and white).
I do not translate comics into other languages but items produced under licence are provided fully lettered in English.

I prefer working with smaller publishers who are attempting to establish themselves and a company "universe" or simply producing specially designed comics for new publishers.

You can all wake up now.


No comments:

Post a Comment