PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 18 April 2015

The Drowning Pool (1987)

Back in 1987/1988 I published Previews -New Talent Comic which got a lot of creators their break into comics and DC comics actually employed some of the artists based on the work in this magazine.  I think there were four issues -I write "think" because my copies were stolen and people that got them as contributor copies tended to send the whole thing off rather than samples to publishers!

I have never found any copies so they are lost.

But I just found six pages that were in Previews.  They are A3 but would have been printed in A4 format. That NEVER did the art justice.  Now, in digital scanning the art looks beautiful and I intend publishing the strip as part of the 30+ years anniversary of Black Tower.

The artist was Jim McGregor.  He just seemed to vanish from the scene and I never heard from or of him again.  Sad, because his art was truly gorgeous.

Anyone know Jim or if he's still drawing? PLEASE get in touch.

These are tiny sneak peaks!





No comments:

Post a Comment