PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 25 November 2014

Lee James Turnock's Fat A**e -And I'm Not Being Personal!

Lee James Turnock
The Comix Company
32 pages (saddle stitched)

Colour cover/ B&W interior
Sized to 5 ½” x 7 ¼”  (A5/Digest)

$4.00
UK Prices and ordering: http://thecomixcompany.ecrater.com/p/21025334/fat-arse-lee-james-turnock?keywords=Fat+Arse
- ADULTS ONLY!!!!

Britain's least known Underground cartoonist returns with this seasonal medley of yoks, bitter satire, and tits!!! In addition to his own fantastic comix, Lee welcomes writers Philip Neill and Rob Filth into the fold for some nasty laffs business! Never mind the bollocks, Lee James Turnock's got a FAT ARSE!!!


Well, we do not have a mainstream comics industry in the UK so it's no surprise that we do not have an Underground Comix industry!

And for those who think "Underground Comix" is just a term covering filthy schoolboy humour...well, it isn't but I'm losing my arguement if we're talking Mr Turnock's work -to a degree.

I do know that it m,ay not be everyone's "cup of tea"  but comic books cover all genres.  Live with it. There are some quite funny if "smutty" strips in this book and a few "pin up" pages.  Lots of nice stipling and cross-hatching and you can see that, back when we did have a comics industry, Turnock would probably have earned a good living -the styles are ones that could be used outside Underground Comix quite easily -and often were.

But the art immediately shouts out "LJT" and I'm glad his work is getting printed even if he has to find a publisher outside the UK.

Worth a few quid -oh: don't forget he also has a blog where you can see his artwork at: http://leejamesturnock.blogspot.co.uk/

Support UK talent! 

4 comments:

  1. Got this recently myself - always a good time to be had with Turnock's stuff!

    You know he used to get stuff printed regularly in Acne comic back in the mid-1990s, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know and I think that Lee tends to make lots of enemies!! His style is adaptable for mainstream comics but in these days he goes for what he enjoys. I think Acne Comic and a few others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made enemies simply because I had the cheek to ask for fair payment, on time, for services rendered. Apparently that was looked upon as being 'difficult' with some editors and publishers. You're right Terry, I'd rather do stuff I enjoy and have fun with it. If other people find it amusing it's a bonus. I know some people really hate what I do, but as Crumb the bum said, "I'm not here to be POLITE!"

      Delete
  3. I was in stitches there!!! Asked for payment on time!! oh my sides....I'll tell you I once heard an editor at Fleetway screech his head off over the phone because his pay cheque was a day late!! It was just a crooked business!

    ReplyDelete