PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 20 December 2015

The Green Skies -Update

I have drawn nothing, not even sketched, since around May of this year.  That may explain the depression -though other events never helped much.

But this morning, swigging on Lyons coffee, I decided to look at the bulging portfolio containing The Green Skies which is quite a hefty amount.

I thought I'd add up the page total before scrapping and archiving everything -I put the art into A3 plastic folders and mark the total number of pages so that I can total up and keep tabs.  Believe me, I do not want to count all the pages from "1" again.

"Shut up and tell us the page count!" no one is saying.  Well, the total stands at 321 pages.  I checked this twice with the calculator and, yes, it was correct.

That is a lot of work.  The problem is, and has always been, that I have no real ego.  I can't sit there and look at my art work ans say "That is fantastic!"  I still remember what Ben Dilworth said to me around 1988: "One day you'll draw a comic masterpiece and say 'it looks okay' and the next day you'll look at it again and say 'what a pile of s****!'" 

I also cannot abide it when people praise my work -is it something you enjoyed reading?  Were there any major faults you could find in it?  Story okay?  That's it. All I want to know.

I am not going to give you a psychological profile of "the artistic genius" here so don't panic. 

I had to think, though, do I:

(1) scrap the entire Green Skies project ?
(2) redraw everything from the beginning?
(3) continue the project from where I left off seven months ago?

Well, (1) and (2) I have done before -remember how the original Return Of The Gods had 196 pages and I scrapped it and re-plublished as over 360 pages?

Truth is, I am not sure whether I can draw and continue the project but I am going to try.  It's Christmas and you can't do much this time of year and as I do not celebrate Christmas...why not see if I can still draw?

After all, I am not (even though four people have attempted to get me into an internet argument about the UK comics 'industry') doing anything comic-wise in the UK and I've a couple of weeks before I can start trying to get into Europe or the TV work so...

I guess it's a case of "keep popping by for updates"!

No comments:

Post a Comment