PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Thursday 29 January 2015

Ready For A Gag? And, NO -I Do NOT Mean It Like That!!

Back in the early 1990s I wrote  single gags to go into European newspapers and magazines for, amongst others, the German Baaske Agency.  Got paid once and heard no more since -these could be in constant reprint and I'd never know it!

Anyway, I scanned some on the old 1990s computer so quality ain't great but here -see if they give you a smile!

Artist on these was John "Sepp" Schiltz.








4 comments:

  1. Wonderful stuff, Terry. I do like the 'Always wear a safety helmet' joke.The silent scream says volumes. John Schiltz' style is very nice, too. Not too loose and jusr dark enough. Great. These, with very little tweaking, should be appearing in newspapers now.
    ie #1 )"Sh*t ! Hide !! It's my girlfriend ! I haven't told her I'm married yet !"
    #2 Does Mr Clegg know why he's digging that hole ? No. I'll fill him in later.
    #3 My name is NOT Charlie Hebdo !!
    #4 Jesus ? The Last Supper ? I may be delirious but ...can I at least try the soup ?
    #5 Try to hide yourself among 'M' for 'maternity' ...not 'F' for...
    #6 OK...Ok...we took a beating in the last election... but next time ..... Fxxk off.
    Well, OK. Yours are better... but the point is - one more time ! I'm off home. See ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that these were here ! They were reproduced in a tiny, tiny little book. I love the new captions Stransky.

      Delete
  2. One day I need to find these and re-scan. Over a year ago? You know, I couldn't even remember posting these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The originals are in my files. It's about two decades ago, but should be in a yellow file. All TH files were yellow, so, hopefully they won't be difficult for me to find. I was actually looking for the piece on Braque that I thought I'd remembered.

      Delete