PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 12 January 2015

So, What HAVE I Been Doing?

Well, as I absolutely refuse to even try to open anything pdf sent to me as a press release -I DID warn everyone- and as I just cannot be bothered doing any comic work at present (have you even looked at the books I have available?  WHY are you not buying -let me know) and as I've read most of my books again it's been a crawling up the wall weekend verging on drop into madness.

So, I prepped the Tales Of Terror postcards that will (or would have been -it's been that boring) go with the glow-in-the-dark skeleton that would have been given away with volume 1. 



Oh, and I finally tore out (cut it actually) that piece of absolutely ***** ***** plastic in the Epson SX130 Printer -NEVER EVER EVER EVER BUY THAT PRINTER!!!!!

I also took some photographs (yes, I repaired the digi camera again) of my Kapteeni Kuolio (Captain Gangarene) night light.  I mentioned before how in one of the Kapteeni Kuolio books Pekka A. Manninen (Suomi-Finland's greatest comic creator!) sent me there was a cut out sheet. What I did was get an A5 box file, cut a big hole in the front and then paste the monster inside.The rest of the cut out surrounds the hole to make a 3D piece........

 Sadly, my camera is crap without the flash but I wanted to show how the green LED Christmas light gives an eerie effect to the whole piece -I have a few ideas to make this look better but anyone can do this with cut out artwork.


Everyone here knows I'm a war gamer, right? 1/72nd (20-24mm) not that I get a chance to do any military gaming as I've no room.  When I retire my little armies (covering "Biblical" to modern day) will be painted.  With no room one might ask where I put the buildings I make?  Nothing professional but scratch built from cardboard, polystyrene and so on.  They are what I call "war game standard" -not going to win prizes but if you need buildings for gaming they do -I also have a mini pirate island ....it's all in cupboards but one day....

You see, I get bored I need to do something.  So I get a box or some card and make a building or two....or three.  This weekend I started on a largish timber frame buildingthat would be a good centre piece for a village -cardboard box and "popsicle" sticks. It's quite large (10.5 ins x 7ins -27x17cms) and I'm going to use wall filler that hardens quickly and how it'll turn out I have no idea but I do have a set of progression of build photos.

Very relaxing as the hands and eyes do the work (just about these days) I can think about pre-19th century Africa population, mega fauna as well as pre-industrial age fish populations as well as cetacean populations. 

Why?   Next book. 

One day I'll just disappear from comics and just read, think and write while becoming more anti-social than I am now. "Herr Professor" loves his books.  Dalborn -I SHALL return!!!

Off to check for fox tracks -who said I was normal???

 

2 comments:

  1. they look cool; nice postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but who'll see them other than on CBO. No events to get to and I AM semi retired already.

    ReplyDelete