PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 7 August 2018

I just posted this on the Black Tower blog.

I just posted this on the Black Tower blog. I'll just quote a comment here.  The fellow that made it quit comic publishing last year after a very long time.  He read my post yesterday and wrote:

"If youre(sic) relying on comic fans supporting your blogs forget it. Theyd sooner sit back and do nothing as your blogs vanish.  They'll just move on to whatever mindless ***** pap is out there!"

I tried to respond more positively but...very hard to argue. I like to think my faith in fans might win through but after 20+ years of CBO online I may be fooling myself thinking something "might happen"!

1 comment:

  1. I don't recall the creator that noted this remark from a comic's fan, for it must have been well over three decades ago. I had probably read it in an interview, possibly with Will Eisner. It ran along these lines. This 'fan' bought many, many titles a week. So many that it drew attention, especially how much reading time to get through such a haul. "Oh, I don't read the whole comic, I just look at the top two panels on each page. That's how I get through so many"...... Right! Does it make you wonder why we had put the effort in? Surely, this isn't the norm? But, I also remember Daniel Dennett's 'surely' warning. Look for 'surely' in an argument. It's a good point to find the weak point of an argument. By the way; for politicians, look for "the fact of the matter is . . ". OK; so, extrapolate, from that fan, around another thirty years of intellectual degradation and really hope he didn't have a bicycle! Enough said.

    ReplyDelete