PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 11 August 2018

LUCKY LUKE 69 - KID LUCKY


Authors: Jean Léturgie and Pierce; illustrated by Morris and Pierce
Age: 8 years and up
Size: 21.7 x 28.7 cm
Paperback
Number of pages: 48 colour pages
Publication: June 2018
TOTAL: £6.99 INC. VAT


We all know Lucky Luke, the man who shoots faster than his own shadow. But even he was once a child, and back then he was already having grand adventures in the Old West! The young boy is travelling with an old, grumpy, alcoholic prospector in search of gold, when a conflict with the local Indian tribe leads to kidnapping – and he now finds himself the adopted son of a nagging native mother!

I am one of those people who HATES it when they do "Young -whatever" (but not Young Frankenstein!) and I saw this cover and title and said something rude. But I have to review what I get so....

It was not as bad as I expected! Lucky Luke but at a younger age and it was good to see his early connection to not just the Indians (native Americans) but the US Cavalry.  Connections that were a staple part of the LL series.  And, yes, this is album number 69 so the next one -O.K. Corral- will be number 70....without being too sarcastic that wasn't that difficult to work out, was it?

I do have one hope, though, we see Young LL here but one day I hope Cinebook can get together a collection of the early strips from the late 1940s -you know Morris created the character in 1946, right?  He looked a tad different 70 years ago!
But for now we have volume 69 and I think most fans are waiting for Lucky Luke 70 at 70 (or something like that).  Yeah, I know I may be a year or so off but I don't care. The series is still great fun for all the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment