PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 28 February 2021

Victor Ambrus: A Time Team Tribute

1 comment:

  1. Extremely saddened to hear of the loss of Victor. I always looked forward to seeing him studiously drawing on Time Team and his wonderfully finished, distinctively cross-hatched finished theatres of historical illustration. A brilliant artist who could - seemingly - cross with ease between serious illustration and cartoon/caricature. I have, as many, books featuring his work in my collection, including a humourously illustrated storybook about Dracula. I've always envied his facility with a pen. Never managed penmanship myself, preferring a brush which I feel more sensuous. You have to go with what you feel is right for you I suppose, but it never stopped me thinking, "Damn, I wish I could do that with a pen!" whenever I saw him work. Since my Dad was born in Sighisoara, I really must get that Dracula book off the shelf again. It was such fun and showed the marvellous humour of it's executor. Bless you, Victor. Rest in peace. Really would have loved to have met some time.

    ReplyDelete