PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 8 June 2021

And the blood red mist of his aged eyes.....

 


Five birthday greetings on Sunday. THAT is a world record for me!😁😁

Yesterday I had a visit from none other than British Indie/Small Press icon Mr Paul Ashley Brown. Social distance in the garden and I kept my mask on which must have given some relief to Mr Brown's sensitive system.

Later I was indoors as my eye sight crapped out -blurry, fuzzy- and I felt "unwell".  I tell you, when you nod off and wake up to everything being momentarily red (slow bleed at the back of the eyes) it really wakes you up.

By 1100 hrs today the eyes were tired but not too bad. My hands, on the other...uh...hand are crap and this is painfully slow typing with stiff (BEHAVE!) slightly numb fingers. 

Oh joy -I have made roughly £30 (its been going down slowly due to the exchange rate) on the sale of £100 worth of books. As some of thosesales are in the US I'll pay US taxes and my final very non profit from sales will be around £20. Each books takes weeks of work and to be honest why they are still on sale to US buyers I have no idea ...since writing that last bit I have been told the print on demand company cannot (now) restrict sales to the US (in which it is based despite what I was told before.

I have been sent snippets from different US comic books sites that are quite praisey of some of the books and I'll see if those stating they are going to buy more do (then I won't complain too much!).

If my eyes and hands agree I'll be trying to finish off The Ultimate Game tomorrow.

Stay cool

2 comments:

  1. Glad the package arrived - iwas worried abyut it. Hope you like it. Happy Birthday, by the way. Well. time for a class - no time for the wicked! TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I did get the date right. Well done me. The brain's only halfway addled then. Goodoh.

    ReplyDelete