PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 13 June 2021

If I Told You That The Ultimate Game was Already Near finishing....


 Just a quick update on a Sunday. The Ultimate Game comic work is almost done. The bridging pages have allowed me to expand on the two opponents' interactions and develop things with a twist.

The use of pages, some with minor touch ups, from 1993/1994 seems to work as we are messing about in time and space and things that happened in the Black Tower Universe never happened. Or might have happened. Probably differently. The Thinker once quoted Plutarch:

"What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality"

That is pretty relevant to this story which, as I announced on the Black Tower blog, WILL be a self contained book. Yes, comicdom as a whole is now taking a deep breath and waiting for the virtual tsunami of comic book genius that will set the industry ablaze (doubtful though).

Page count? No idea. I think I've gone over a hundred but have not been counting to be honest just trying to tighten up the story and enjoy drawing while I am still able.  Had I redrawn all the 1990s pages then the book would not be ready until 2022. I've done this one just for pure fun and not tried killing myself over getting something right to the point of 3-5 redraws or panels or pages.  this is my "screw it -I'm having fun!" project.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're doing stuff for the hell of it. I hope you're able to keep as cool as possible. Just remembering - how could I forget? - that time in London in the sweltering heat. The tip and slosh of the bottled water into the cap that went smartly onto your head. The comical effect was unforgettable but, knowing how you suffer, I'll never debate the wisdom of it. Anyway, I hope you're managing OK and staying well. Good luck with completing the strip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Not affected me that way in a long time. The other morning the greenhouse was 50c and I wondered about putting a jumper on. I have a lot of trouble maintaining body temperature (possibly the fibro) so I'm cold when its 22c....I have become Auntie Elsie from Treorchy who always was could and in 77f had to have a fire and cardy on!!

      Delete
  2. Crikey. The other extreme! I had a friend a few years ago who had the same sort of difficulty. He would wear a jumper and coat and hat in the height of summer. The silhoutte effect he had was akin to the Sandeman Port logo. At the same time, being literally thick-skinned, I was sweltering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Screw it, I'm having fun is my mantra ! Look forward to seeing the finished project. TTFN 6

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm adding a few extra pages to it to lead into Time War -remember Mark Tyme?Psychic Girl vanishing in BTSH then next panel was back in different clothes plus....well. Pity I can't get pencils to you. And you still have not told me wjhether you got BTSH 8?

    ReplyDelete