PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 24 August 2015

It's Monday! Time To Paint The Cowboys And Cavemen!

Well, after another bad night there was no way I was going to clean walls before decorating the last room.  I tidied up my hallway which is a private art gallery of illustrations given me by Terry Bave, Mike Western (including the pencilled Leopard From Lime Street illo I then inked!), John Cooper, J. E. Oliver, Donna Barr (I was asked by someone if an illo in one photo was by Roberta Gregory -no. Sadly, none of her work here), Kate Glasheen, Pekka A. Manninen as well as old seaside "saucy" postcards. 

You see, I do love art and items sent to me by friends may well attract offers of money that I really could do with BUT this is art from friends.  I have a few pieces by Bristol's Paul Ashley Brown, recently returned from a fact-finding tour of Berlin...or to lounge about with Herr Peter Lally.  One of those two.


One day I'll post some images of Gallery Hooper -you will NEVER see any of my work on display, though!

So I moved the Charbens "Ancient Romans" and Lone Star Cowboys as well as Spacemen to a place above my window.

Then I painted my Tim Mee Cavemen (30 of the hardy beggars), continued to add a few more touches to my Airfix WW II US paratroopers to make them more like 1950s-1960s colonial troops and then added more flock and vegetation to my Stargate style standing circle, then added touches to a gate tower.

Did I do any REAL work?

Nah.

I'm currently following up some creature reports from the US and learnt some interesting news today about what was planned for me had the Ucu Argentinian expedition gone ahead back in the 1980s. And tomorrow I have to try to follow up various items because, it now appears, no I will NOT be getting a place at any UK event in 2015 and with no entrepreneurs or publishers getting interested in comic publishing the stagnant waters of British comicdom have started getting these horrible smelly clumps floating about.

Everything is, quite honestly, up-in-the-air at the moment.  Overseas publishers I'm open to offers from!

So, you all relax. Apart from the odd **** out there I loves ya all!


2 comments:

  1. I'm honored to be featured in the Hooper Gallery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it's great to show my "thank you" page of art to anyone interested. Still love it and I still look through Bandages and Hybrid Bastards every so often! ;-)

    ReplyDelete