PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 23 April 2018

Apathy done it!

As I mentioned at the start of April, the PayPal donation button to the right was put there in a last ditched attempt to keep this blog going.  A friend urged me to do this and I guaranteed him that, as before, it would just be there gathering internet dust.

Everyone coming to this site sees that PayPal donation box.

Everyone ignores it. Yes, that's right, thousands of you are just here for the freebie.  I doubt any of you even noticed that CBO was gone for a number of hours.

I run the Alan Class blog, the UK and British Golden Ages blogs, the AOP blog -many, many visitors -combined the views reach well over 4 million. Now, these blogs contain original material and images often thought lost or unknown about.  I had thought that inspired by these blogs people might actually buy a book or two and get far, far more information and comic work. No one buys books.

So, I closed down the AOP, British and Golden Ages blogs.  I have just closed the Alan Class blog. There is a lot of work running these blogs and much of it gets stolen by others to use as 'their' work.  If I do not get feedback, sales or anything out of these groups why continue with them?  If the many thousands visiting them do not want to buy books but just take...fair enough.  Let them find somewhere else.

Todays 7 hour closure of CBO did not solicit one question or querying email.

Tried everything. Given up now. Eventually I am just going to say "fuck it" and pull the plug here, too.  Most of you probably have not noticed how many comic blogs have been vanishing?

The promise I made was that the PayPal donation box would remain open until may or,  at the very most, the 15th May. Then it goes and as I get weary of typing to myself so will I.

Apathy done it!

1 comment:

  1. hiya Terry

    I just found this blog via Facebook: I myself run a blog about my cartoon drawings, and my visiting readers are well down, and I get next to no comments.

    I am continuing though, as long as SOMEBODY reads my stuff: I am just cutting down my activities to one a week or so for the meantime.

    I actually shut my blog down for four months, but some folk still came back, I found.

    I agree too many people just want online stuff for free, it is getting very difficult to earn money creatively through the net.

    I do manage to find commercial art jobs online though.

    I hope the situation improves for you soon.

    Rab, cartoonist

    ReplyDelete