PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 17 April 2018

More Smoke

Yesterday I witnessed on social media, two creators being harangued by alleged fellow creators (all of who were lesser artists).  I tried to discourage the negativity and support the creators involved. But this type of thing takes its toll.

I heard from one this morning that he had just burnt his original artwork and self published comics. He has given up after many years.  I have just read that the second creator has had a big fire to burn copies of his books (I HOPE not the original art!!).

This is going on daily -weekly. Producing a quality book means nothing if there are no real comic fans left to buy and support Independent creators.  I am too old and stubborn to give in (plus I expect no support from fake fans) and so I watch as publisher after publisher goes out of business and while good creators are forced out because they cannot make a basic living.

According to Comic France (I think that was the site name) Black Tower Comics and Books is Europe's biggest publisher of Independent B&W comics (I knew that).  Recommends BTCGs books. Will that get me sales? I doubt it since millions have seen my book posts not to mention all the social media outlets -Twitter, Face Book, Pinterest, Google+, Yahoo groups and other places and in 2017 I sold six (6) books -five to US buyers which meant US tax then hit me and I made nothing.

Support for CBO is zero it seems.  I post here when and if I want now. No more hours working on posts and news for people who do not care.

Will I quit?  No. I intend to be the last dinosaur -shouting to the very end.

No one will be listening of course because Millenials  support only their own egos.

1 comment:

  1. This is what negativity does, it induces intellectual suicide. It is literally destruction of part of yourself, your brain. The same thing happened to me after leaving college. I destroyed a ton of work, which I HAVE REGRETTED DOING EVER SINCE. Just remember folks; if you destroy your work or go someplace even worse, who has won? You have handed those who have crapped on you victory on a silver platter. Never, ever let the bs win. They will never deserve their victory and you will never deserve the defeat.

    ReplyDelete