PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 10 July 2020

Let's Keep it in the Local Planetary System: Mars Man and Moon Man

I wanted to make another appeal to blog readers with a collection of old comics -I know, so far every appeal has failed but I'm too stupid to give up.


If anyone has scans of the Mars-man and the Moon Man strips and are willing to forward them to me then I would be very grateful because after 20 years I've still never seen a copy.

Thanks
 

3 comments:

  1. They are beautiful things, aren't they? I love the elegance of form of the MARSMAN cover... it's of its time. Hope you get your wish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idiot that I am! Cross Earths Caper (you do have a copy?) there is a flash back and we see Mars Man and Moon Man leaping together. Same pose.

      Delete
  2. It's a style you see -maybe sometimes in more simpler form since they were using wood blocks- in older comics. I know three UK collectors who were on my groups who had (they claimed) the original Krakos story, the Complete Bat story and copies of Moon Man and Mars Man in their possession and it was "Oh maybe one day" and "I can't damage the books" andany other excuse. I don't think they had the books. Every so often someone will tell me they have one or the other and then go. That's it. This is why I never get excited and keep saying "I'm from St Werburgh's -prove it" :-)

    ReplyDelete