PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 6 July 2020

On A More Serious Note -Updates!


Yesterday I scanned the 127pp for Vol. 3/Part 1 of The Green Skies. It's rather monotonous work  and since I do not have an A3 auito-feed scanner it is the only way ...I won't bore you with the number of cliocks needed to scan and save.

On some of the pages there is pencilled in text but as I went through the pages the text was constantly being changed -that is the one thing about having no script; once you get the text into word balloons you can play around a ;little and add the odd humorous line to what is a serious and grim story. I never used to look forward to lettering (the only thing I use the computer for other than scanning) but all being free-hand itcan be fun.

I decided to leave in references to "the virus" (from 2014) because it is never made clear how or where it originated.  I did laugh at one point because back in 2014 I thought "Who would be the most useless, ridiculous Prime Minister to have ion a crisis?" I actually made Boris Johnson PM!! Virus -well predicted.  Johnson...well predicted.  Uh, bare with me a moment "in case"...in 2021 I become a millionaire and get engaged to one of the hottest Hollywood stars ever (fingers crossed).

The sad side of the Green Skies is that, like Return, characters die. In part 2 it's theturmn of two characters who have been with me since I created them back in the late 1960s. I even thought about cutting those pages but...it's what the story let unfold so there it is. Another character getting the rough treatment has always been the fun one. No spoilers.

There are a couple hints at future projects such as Enfants Perdus but that does not mean you would have to buy any books those parts are in -they are not "must haves".

One thing I did realise is that the final part of the series will be a slimmer volume. However, this will allow me to add some post event pages.  One I think is essential as it should be the last ever use of a specific character.  The second will set the scene for something....I need to remember no spoilers.

I am, between the lettering that I want to start tomorrow to finish by next week, finishing off Black Tower Super Heroes No. 8 which will be the final issue and lead off into Green Skies Vol. 3 Part 1. As always: I never publish anything that is part of an ongoing story until all of it is complete.

Hopefully the clapped out old laptop and the aging scanner (2004) will last until I can get the books finished and uploaded!

In the meantime, remember that the online store has 130 books -all very delicious.

2 comments:

  1. hmm... so you're interested in the old gritty zine style, eh? hmm... ok. After CRASH CAREW ,happy to oblige. By the by, you have looked through DARK HOPE, haven't you? CAREW art almost done, just about 4 pirate pages left. Then on to story editing time... it'll be fun! TTFN.
    2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically I like the old zines that "were of their time" and not "mummy and daddy never sent my allowance and I told them I'd take a Rennies overdose if they don't rush it!" Brown's and your strip from back then were very relavent and you still keep that up with your work -a bit like the old newspa[per style art pages you did. Have I read Dark Hope? No. I try to push, sell and promote all books without reading them :-/ oooh me leg is hurting today! But DH were the next books I wanted to get onto the store but there are already 131 titles covering 14pp that no one is buying and I have Green Skies to letter plus a few other things and a couple unfinished projects (put aside) so once GS is out of the way I can concentrate on new books and then Dark Hope ought to appear. If there was such a thing as an automatic page scanner and I had the money I'd buy it! :-) Scanning is the big pain in the ass -I had 9 pages yesterday that were already scanned and so I lettered them. If people bought the books it would be more fun! Take care and avoid pollen -its kicked my ass more than twice this year!

    ReplyDelete