PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 14 July 2020

SUPPORT Indie Comics, films and Music....I Do!

Someone said that I keep going on about supporting Indie film and music but do I?

Seriously.

Firstly I cannot support Indie comics or the Small Press because they no longer send review books -I have a ton (well, about 26)  new Cinebooks to review and the policy has always been "It arrives on my doormat I'll review it". Nothing I can do if publishers do not want thousands of people to know their books are out there! 😂😂😂

Indie films. I have supported and publicised all types of Indie film on CBO. Not all comic related but the best known is Comic Book Palace. I have posted on Another Dirty Room and other Dan Bell films (which are a great laugh -even ADR despite what they find!) and on it goes.

Indie music. You ARE ******* me, right? I've posted music from Shura, Jean Added, Jain -whether Indie French, German or British or American (I think even a bit of K Pop at one point). If I like it then I think it is worth getting out to more people. My work play list has French (Johnny Hallyday, Mylene Farmer, Alizee, Jain,Clara Luciani,  Jean Added (singing in English), Desireless) German -too many to mention! But Tessa Violet, Violet Orlandi, Mo, First to Eleven, Halocenre, Gin Wigmore and even Storm Clouds.  I love music.

I have supported and promoted (unpaid I hasten to add) more Indie films, music and comics than you've had hot dinners, mate.

Of course, I could have just responded with: "Have you actually read anything posted on CBO?"

And, no, as far as I am aware none of the ones I've supported have supported me in return -but that is NOT the point.

1 comment:

  1. nice to see you reading the THINKER. Some of it is quite fun.... and independent! TTYL

    ReplyDelete