PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 3 October 2020

Boxes Of Indie Comics

 I was re-boxing comics yesterday and when it came to the two big Indie Comics boxes I enjoyed a little nostalgia. In some cases I asked myself "Where are some of these people now?






Union Jacks was published in 1989 by Anacom, a Canadian outfit. I picked up quite a few oddities at Area 51 (the comic shop) in Bristol pover the years and this was one.
Strong Girl was published in 2007 and is in English but the creators are Finnish. Absolutely no information on who or what this came from (possibly sent by Pekka Manninen?)
I have a few signed issues of R M Heske's series from 2008
I have signed copies of Joe Martino's 4 issue Shadowflame (2007) -great series with great art. I have other Arcana books but whether they still exist or not I have no idea (Joe was interviewed on the old CBO which is gone now but his interview is in The Hooper Interviews of course)


Dave Cockrum's Futurians is still a fun read from 1985
Adventurers is from 1988 while Meta Cops i 1993 from Gauntlet Comics

Yeah, my camera is crap and I have a big stack of some pretty obscure Independent comics but here is the thing: hours of scanning and writing turning into a mega post. And like every other mega post people will view and leave no comment sop why put in a day's work for nothing other than people stealing all your work?

One of the planned projects for CBO, when I thought comic fans might actually support the site, was to look at these books and I know some even the creators no longer have copies of.  Sad, but no one is interested so it stays in my head. Maybe a book one day -who knows.

And, yes, I have a lot of Indie comics -hundreds. Mostly purchased or in some cases I received them when promoting comics in the 1980s/early 1990s.

A review coming up early next week and maybe the views will beat those for the music videos I've posted -stats on those are higher than for new comic related posts!

2 comments:

  1. cool comics from the past. I wish I could have read them. Ah well .... my choice.TTFN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, some could be hit or miss but were fun. Today we have great comics like...ooh, to of my head...Black Tower!

    ReplyDelete