PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 9 October 2020

not involving ill health and a feverish delirium!

 Before I woke from an unusual, for me, deep sleep I had a dream. A story. Someone called The Green Skies "epic" but this new one goes beyond that. It all started while I was sleeping and then in a waking dream.

Although there were VERY brief cameos by super heroes they had nothing to really do with the story. They (two of them) were being told the story. It started out as a regular comic strip where someone was arrested and then developed into....well.

The style of art was black and white but almost abstract. Even as I saw "seeing" it I thought it had touches of Maakika art but then it turned into a style I've not seen or drawn before. It ended iun the creation of a universe.

When I woke properly I went over the details and the fact that I remembered so much is unusual

I know what you are thinking "He said Green Skies was going to be his last big project". That is true. The style and story would require full time work and concentration and I cannot afford either at the moment.

It will remain an art epic that I never draw so onbly I will enjoy it. This note is for my reference and if I ever win the lottery (not likely since I never gamble) I'd sit back, let the bills take care of themselves and get to work. 

It was nice to have a story and images like that not involving ill health and a feverish delirium!

4 comments:

  1. I remember, many years back, that you said that you found you could manage a dream from within it. Totally impressed with that ability - directed dreaming? I've never been able to master that. It's only recently that they've not turned out so trapped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do something with that experience. It's a rare thing. Use it. Still
    working! TTFN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finishing off a lengthy book chapter then I have BTSH 8 to finish plus other projects I need to do. No one buys the stuff anyway so it is no great loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. off topic. Dene Vernon art all fin. Next - lettering! yay!

    ReplyDelete