PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Who Was The Phantom Who Drew The Phantom Sheriff?

When I originally posted this Phantom Sheriff page over at the now redundant Golden Age blog, I knew it was from Knockout weekly of 14th June, 1947.  And I thought it might be the work of  Jock McCail.  So I've checked and double-checked.

Artists used a specific standard style so unless you can identify quirks such as how a hand is drawn it's hard to tell who did what.  I still think it looks very McCail so I'll soon be getting my Swan Comics volumes out to check the styles.

But if YOU know who drew this let me know.....I ain't proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment