PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 21 April 2020

Looking Glass...not the second or third but the first

I know what you are thinking: "Looking Glass was the Fleetway character project, wasn't it?"

If I'm going to be honest with myself I doubt you are thinking that -unless you've read past posts or are on the Face Book group?

Anyway, Looking Glass was a project for Marvel UK that disappeared up some editor's bottom. I then used the title for this series, written in the early 1990s and guess what? I know who the artist is!

I always insisted that artists do the simplest thing so they got credit and their pages could be easily identified (at one time I got between 30-70 art packages a week). Only two artists ever bothered. No name on this art but I have my synopsis with the artist's name -Simon Russell.

I cannot remember whether it was Fantagraphics or another US Indie publisher but the series was grabbed and...guess what? Yep, the artist vanished without trace and left me in the lurch. I loved the art style and the characters came out even more eccentrically than I thought they could.

Basically, childrens author "Tez" is not having a good time and is rather startled when his own reflection gets "shirty" with him. Our hero (in the loosest term) finds himself in a mirror world...he hopes. If it is not an insane mirror dimension then our lad has truly lost his marbles.





No comments:

Post a Comment