PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 11 April 2020

What Happened To The British Golden Age Comics Blog?

The answer to that question is...I closed it down.

At someone's suggestion I gave it one big final go and posted cleaned up stripwork and text posts and the result was 100 or so views a day and, of course, people taking the pages and using them as their own with no reference to source.

I realised that the more pages I kept posting the more they were taken and presented elsewhere (including by well known British comic bloggers).

Lots of views of the posts relating to the UK Golden Age books.

But no comments, no questions -I could keep all of the stuff to myself and avoid the "purloiners".

So that led me to asking all of those visiting the blog to show they would like to see more and the blog continue. All they had to do was just type "Thanks" "Like it" -anything.

After 2 weeks not a single response. So the hundred or so people a day can now go in search of another blog covering the subject matter.

Apathy and no support is what saw the decision to close CBO down. I really do not care about hundreds or even thousands of views: I cut out a lot of work just keeping it to myself and remember I was asking for just a comment from visitors to show CBO was worth continuing for 5 years. Nothing.

Closing blogs is easy and if there is no genuine audience there to interact with it makes it easier.

In the meantime I will keep the Black Tower Comics & Books blog open and the Face Book page and those, along with editing and publishing, keep me busy enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment