PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 17 May 2015

I See The Future.....No CBO!

Google+ 1,439,585 views

CBO  1912162  (Direct) views

Almost 3000 posts and years of work.  No way to get this job to pay?

I think I see CBOs 2016 future.  It may not have one.

Seriously.

4 comments:

  1. Terry, I hate to say it, but I think you've shot yourself in the foot by trumpeting all the hits you apparently get while at the same time bemoaning the lack of sales of your own publications. In doing that, other companies can see that there's very little point in sending you stuff to review on your blog. Besides, a load of hits don't necessarily guarantee that people are stopping to read posts. The lack of comments (and sales) seems to suggest that most visitors aren't really too involved in what they see. On my blog, I bet that most readers abandon the post a couple of sentences in if it doesn't interest them. (I do the same thing on other sites.) I think you'd be less stressed if you reconsidered your approach and did your blog for the fun of it (if you get any), rather than as a business strategy. Not trying to do you down at all, merely trying to be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is, though, companies DO quite well with sales following reviews, etc., on CBO. I've just accepted that no one wants my books and that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be interested to know how you measure that, Terry. Unless they're ONLY being reviewed on CBO and nowhere else (and they'd have to give you feedback on sales after your review), how would you know a company's increased sales are as a direct result of exposure on your site? I know some of my members have occasionally bought things I've recommended, but, going by feedback, it would only account for a couple of extra purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS! Comments and support always welcome.

    ReplyDelete