PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Is It A Monk? Is It An Old Man Reading A Book? You Guess!

 No one misses the old man when he's gone.  Mind you, because my Google+ account is nearing 1 million views I got the offer of a "personal" url from Google.  meh.

Where was I? I was ill.  And at least at one point I got in some reading.  So what was "Herr Professor" reading?

The Werwolves -note the non-American spelling ("Wer" not "were") by Elliott O'Donnell which was published in 1912.  O'Donnell was, in case you did not know, one of the UKs most famous ghost-hunters/investigators who spent some time living in Bristol -he died here in 1965.

Why read this?

Because you never know when this knowledge may come in handy with what I get up to.

And WHY did the book make me angry?  Well, it's another print on demand knock-off.   no information on O'Donnell. Inside -no original publisher/publication date just "we ripped this off with total disrespect to make money".

When I retire from comics I am going to re-publish but in far better editions and, hopefully, get permission from the O'Donnell family.

No comments:

Post a Comment