PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 27 March 2022

The Online Store Master Plan!

 


As I have made clear in the past with sales to the United States I get hit with tax and as the print company is in the U.S. I get hit with currency conversion when it comes to paying me (even on UK sales).

The Print on Demand company will not allow me to restrict sales to exclude the U.S. so every book sold there is no money for me -they are give aways. Tax, POD Company and printers all get money and I am at the bottom of the pond.

I have a solution though I cannot follow through on this until mid April. I am going to hike up the U.S. cover prices so high no one will buy them. Therefore no U.S. tax or giveaway books (owing the IRS money for books you have received no money for...weird at best).

Therefore by May -remember I am going to have to re-price 200 books and each one takes time- I am sorry if anyone in the U.S. is interested but you have had since 2010 to buy- Black Tower Books and Comics will be unavailable in the U.S. because no one will want to pay the cover price!

Devious but I am sick of selling books and getting nothing in return.

Plan sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment