PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 9 May 2022

Here is your explanation


 I am intending to finish off a few storylines in the Black Tower Universe and after that I have left everything open. I have many stories both short, comic album length (48pp+) and larger but to be honest my eyes as well as my ever weakening hands will prevent me from putting those on to paper and they will remain in my head along with a huge number of others. 



 I mentioned this to someone who then asked "Why don't you use other artists?" Well the answer to that is quite simple. In the 1980s-1990s lots of artists wanting to draw for fun used to work on my scripts and they would go into the old comic zines. We never made any money but we never thought 5that we would -this was all fun. Every contributor got a copy of the comic with their work in -many used these to get work in comics.

When the internet came in, suddenly, everyone KNEW they were an enormous talent and were going to be the next big Marvel or DC star and would become wealthy from their comic book movie (later TV series). So "Desperate to work on anything that shows my talent no matter what genre" resulted in me offering a script and then "Sounds cool. How much are you paying?" and that after they had it explained several times that I could not afford to pay.

Same applies today. If I had the cash I would be paying artists.

So for any wondering -there is your explanation



No comments:

Post a Comment