PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 20 December 2020

Cinebook the 9th Art: ISLANDIA 3 - THE LEGACY OF THE SORCERER

 

PAPERBACK
Author: Marc Vedrines
Age: 12 years and up
Size: 21.7 x 28.7 cm
Number of pages: 52 colour pages
Publication: September 2020

ISBN: 9781849184526
£8.99 inc. VAT

Jacques is dead, burned at the stake for sorcery by terrified villagers. The truth, however, is that Jacques never existed, and was merely the reincarnation of all-powerful Icelandic sorcerer Grimu. His soul, freed at the moment of his second death, has possessed the local magistrate, and his thirst for vengeance makes him commit terrible deeds. The island’s authorities are after him, though, and far worse than that: God himself has turned his eye towards the man who defies him …

I know that I have written that I have a problem with the face drawing in this series but I guess that is the artist’s style and he draws how he draws to tell a story. I’m no John Byrne so I’ll shut up. What I go by is the story and visuals and with this volume they work well together. So well that I had to re-read the last few pages a couple times -it’s a cracking ending!!

Out of the series so far this one hooked me early and that was it. Vedrines pulled this off with some colour assist from Laetitia Schwendimann. Great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment