PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 16 March 2021

"Why haven't you published anything recently?"

 Someone had the cheek to ask me why I had not announced any new books recently. My reply was "Why -how many have you bought from me so far?" 

Now, I get no Patreon or any other kind of backing to keep CBO going or to carry on producing new books. I have given any number of businesses -in and outside of comics- the opportunity to advertise on CBO as well as inside Black Tower books or on the back covers. No takers.

It is, therefore, surprising that between finishing my own projects such as The Green Skies and Black Tower super Heroes as well as losing my laptop (it just died -NOT covid related) and having to constantly hack and fixed my old PC (no money for a new one) I have spent over one year solidly editing comics, comic albums and graphioc novels covering all genres.  there are now, at the online store, some 173 books covering 18 'pages'. 

Sadly, as previously noted (and I am still waiting to hear about restricting sa;les in the US) any sale in the United States I get hit with taxes on. So any profit has about 65% taken from it. Again I'll make it clear that there is NO OVERSEAS shipping fees -all books ordered are produced in the buyers region.

I have three (I think three) books lined up but I am currently taking a breather -I have soldiers to paint as well as wildlife work to carry out as well as a few other things. I set April 2nd as the date when I start the next season of publishing and over the summer I am updating The Red Paper which will see me go quiet again and pray that my PC can just keep going a little longer.

The best and easiest way for anyone to support continued publishing is. of course, to purchase a book. 



1 comment:

  1. Of course, the best answer to such questions is the old, old saying, with appropriate modification, that one cannot live - draw and publish books - on air alone! We are material, biological beings and require dinners for sustenance. Savoury and sweet odours from a mighty oven when it is someone else's doth not an artist feed. Buy books!

    ReplyDelete